God has called us to provide a needed refuge for pastors and their spouses. We are here to provide a place of peace, refreshment and rest for body and soul at no cost to our guests!
Here are disturbing statistics from the book Pastors at Greater Risk by H.B. London, Jr.:
- 80% of pastors believe that pastoral ministry affects their families negatively.
- 33% say that being in ministry is an outright hazard to their family.
- 50% feel unable to meet the needs of the job.
- 90% feel they’re inadequately trained to cope with ministry demands.
And in a recent study, LifeWay Research found that although pastoral longevity is not a problem, pastors still reported difficult challenges concerning their work. Among Lifeway's survey results cited in a web article were the following high percentages that simply should not be:
- 80% of pastors expect conflict in their church.
- 54% find the role of pastor frequently overwhelming.
- 71% of churches have no plan for a pastor to receive a periodic sabbatical.
Deer Ridge Ministries was formed to help reduce these troubling stats, to encourage pastors in full time ministry. We provide, by faith, excellent retreat facilities where pastors and spouses can rest and enjoy the presence of God without having to worry about any financial obligation.
- London Jr., H. B. (2011-08-29). Pastors at Greater Risk (Kindle Locations 211-224 and 253-255). Baker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
- Cannon Green, Lisa. "Research Finds Few Pastors Give up on Ministry." LifeWay Pastors. LifeWay Research, 01 Sept. 2015. Web. 20 June 2016.