Check In - Sunday, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday night supper is served at 5:30 p.m. Plan to arrive before dinner, so you can unload and settle into your room and the house. During dinner, we have a brief informational time to discuss the week. Don’t miss this introduction opportunity. Please schedule your trip so you are able to join together for dinner at 5:30.
- If you need to arrive after 7:00, please let us know.
Check Out - Friday, 10:00 a.m.
- 815-543-6250 (David’s mobile)
- 815-543-6420 (Louise’s mobile)
- Call David's number if you are lost and looking for directions.
- Please refrain from using your cell phones while on retreat. Emergency calls may be made to 815-543-6250 or 815-543-6420. We also encourage you to take a Media “Fast” from your laptop computers. Let your Facebook Friends and E-mail contacts know you will be away from your computer for a week. It is possible! (If you have your laptop along, the temptation to “look” will always be there. Please leave the computers home.)
- Breakfast is available 7:30 until 10:00 a.m. and Lunch is available from Noon - 1:00 p.m
- All the fixings for lunch and breakfast are available on the counters in the kitchen. Please help yourselves. Use whatever dishes you need from the cupboards directly above the counter. Silverware is in the drawers directly under the counter with the food. Eat in the Dining Room, Kitchen area, counter, deck, or wherever you like. Trays are available for carrying food. Please return the dishes to the grey tub in the kitchen area when you are finished.
- Dinner is served promptly at 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday evenings in the dining room. Dinner is plated and served by our staff, therefore it is important that you be on time.
- Snacks, Coffee, Water - There will be drinks and goodies available in the kitchen. Please help yourselves. Cold drinks, ice cream, etc. are available in the kitchen refrigerator. We usually have water, Crystal Lite Lemonade (sugar free) and Crystal Lite Peach Tea (sugar and caffeine free) available in pitchers. Coffee and hot tea are served in the thermos containers.
Lights and Locks
- Please turn out room lights when no one is present in the rooms. The outside doors will be locked at 10:00 p.m. If you will be out past 10:00 p.m., please let the host know so you can get a key for your late return.
Housekeeping and Supplies
- Linens and towels are provided. Extra towels may be found in your bathroom cabinet. Towels will not be automatically changed and laundered daily. On Wednesday morning, if you wish to get rid of soiled towels, a laundry basket will be in the hallway outside the laundry room door.
- Bed Linens - Linens are not changed daily, nor are the beds made during your stay. If a change in bed linens is necessary, contact the hostess. There are extra blankets in the closets.
- Normal water conservation is appreciated. Ladies, we have a septic system. Please dispose of feminine products in the waste basket instead of flushing.
- Fireplace - The fireplace at Deer Ridge works with a flip of the switch. The switch is located on the wall (like a light switch) to the left of the fireplace in the Great room.
Books and Equipment
- All books, tapes and CDs needed for following the self-directed study paths are in your room library. Please return these to your room when finished.
- CD players are in every room. Please be courteous of your neighbors when listening. Use earphones whenever possible.
- Walkman cassette players are also provided in each room. If new batteries are required, please let your host know. Please return the players to the rooms when finished.
- DVDs and Videotapes may be viewed in the library or in the movie room. Tapes are currently in the movie room in the drawers (inside the cupboards) to the right under the big screen.
- Puzzles and games are stored in the cupboards to the left under the movie screen in the movie room. Some puzzles and games may be found in the armoire in the library. Playing cards and dominoes are usually in the cupboards by the snack bar on the lower lever. Please ask if you need assistance.
- Please park in space available to the left of the garages. Try to keep the garage doors clear for loading and unloading.
- The house is equipped with smoke detectors. Please do not leave burning candles in the rooms. If there is an alarm set off, you will hear loud noises alerting you to leave the building. Please read the fire evacuation instructions in the guest directory in your room.